[Sca-cooks] Cook's Night Out

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon May 3 11:48:50 PDT 2004

> Hm, one thing hammered home in my old low carb email list was that it
> was a lifestyle, not a diet...and that if you decide to eat something
> not normally eaten on a special occasion, such as a get together like
> this, it was not earth-shatteringly horrible...you just get back into
> your groove the next day and get back into ketosis...

I was mildly disturbed to see that King Arthur Flour company has an
editorial in its latest catalog defending the inclusion of occasional
carbs (and even sweets) in a balanced lifestyle. What I found disturbing
was that they felt that they had to clarify that eating carbs wouldn't
automatically make a person unhealthy.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Sometimes you have to do something unforgivable, just to be able to go
on living." --Christopher Hampton, "The Talking Cure"