[Sca-cooks] OOP: Which Food TV Chef are you?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue May 4 18:51:07 PDT 2004

Also sprach Carol Eskesen Smith:
>Oh.  And when/how was this established, Master A?
>
>Regards,
>Brekke
>   Adamantius (imagining what woulda happened if I had said I was The
>   Bizarro Huette, after it already being established that I am the Evil
>   Twin of Master Robin Argyle)

This was established quite a few years ago, possibly during your
hiatus from the SCA; I'm not sure.

I believe Countess Aiden was the first to note a basic similarity of
our work methods, and, at a time when there were fewer male cooks in
SCA kitchens, she commented on a certain tendency to refuse to accept
the decisions of inanimate food over the decisions of the cooks,
where were living things. She promptly (and, I think, affectionately)
dubbed us "The Testosterone Twins". It mighta been the "Men At Work"
signs we used to hang up...

At around the same time, back when Jay Leno was funny, he was doing
his series of routines about all the Evil Twin plotlines to be found
in any issue of the TV Guide. I think Mistress Aleksandra (that's
Master Robin Argyle's lady wife, for our television audience) was the
one to note that, despite our similarities (not physical; Argyle
looks a bit like a younger version of Jeff Smith), there was an
essential cynicism to my nature that clearly marked me as the Evil
Twin.

A.