[Sca-cooks] RE: Welcome, a birthday party

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed May 5 09:03:39 PDT 2004

>it's my own birthday,
>party: may 10th
>bday: may 21th (unfortunately right before exams)
>patron saint would be the saint of whom my name was derived?, so that
>would be: Josef(father of Jesus?) -> Josephine > Finne
>
> > them, it could give you a whole lot of ideas about what you can do for
>party
> > activities.  (I know, a martyred saint doesn't sound like lots of fun,
>but
> > we did that the "Feast of the Saints" once which included Martyrs in
>Pitch -
> > gingerbread men served with chocolate dipping sauce, the diners got to
>dip
> > their own martyrs - lots of fun for the whole family)
>
>interesting, and seems yummy, again interesting (starting to feel a bit
>sorry for myself for not going in the direction of a history degree :)
>

>and another question: why would onions(or wich other vegetablelike
>flavourings) not be a problem to be combined
>with meat? I don't really know anybody irl who's interested in historical
>cooking so don't really have another place to ask ;(
>

>Finne

Hi Finne!  Welcome to the list of very many posts (many of them I haven't
gotten in the last few days and I missed them so).  Happy upcoming birthday.
  Mine is soon too.  Something in common already!
I saw Phlip pointed you toward the Florilegium which is a great resource
(pack a lunch, you'll be a while there).  I also wanted to pass on a couple
of other links you may care to bookmark.  www.pbm.com/~lindahl/food.html

www.godecookery.com/allrec/allrec.htm

www.geocities.com/ravensteadhousehold/rsnorsefood.htm

Maybe you'll find some stuff there.
Hope to hear what you decide to do and in the end how your friends enjoyed
it!
Olwen the Odd