[Sca-cooks] German Sausage recipes

M. Traber mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Fri May 7 06:59:25 PDT 2004

Volker Bach wrote:

> I'll have to try it at some point, but given what they charge for pike
> it'll be a while till I'Äm willing not only to fork out that money, but
> then to chop up the fish rather than boil, steam or roast it properly...
>
> Does anyone know a good substitute for pike? Freshwater predators aren't
> exactly common, and I'm no great fish expert to start with.

? why isnt this a proper treatment for pike?

Just as valid a way to have it as quenelles or in a mousseline, or as a
whole presentation piece. As a matter of fact, this is a way more
economical way to have the fish as the other ingredients stretch it a
little further and flavor it. What is the difference ebtween the
flavored sausage and using a whonking large amount of flavorings and
sauces on a presentation piece of fish?

mmm, quenelles ... i feel the need to make isiciia omentata from some
shrimp soon......
--
Aruvqan, Cleric of 56 seasons
Avengers Federation, Solusek Ro