[Sca-cooks] German Sausage recipes

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri May 7 07:14:59 PDT 2004

Also sprach M. Traber:
>Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius wrote:
>
>>I'd be concerned about using the various catfish variants, but they
>>_are_ firm, white, and sweet, and the various flavorings would
>>probably mask any inherent muddiness. Yes, this is a golden
>>opportunity for everyone to tell us about their favorite treatment
>>of catfish, of which none of us have ever heard previously ;-) .
>
>Chopping it up and using it for bait, throwing it back in, feeding
>it to the feral cats.

Okay, that wasn't in the "Well, back home we used to soak it in milk
for a few hours" category (followed by 187 more of the same), but...
thank you... I think... ;-)

Have you ever mused on the peculiar bone structure of the pike,
putting it up there with the carp and the shad as one of the
top-three hard-to-eat fish? The fish with _five_ distinct fillets?
Maybe that's why it figures so heavily in sausages, quenelles,
gefilte fish, etc.

>"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough
>men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."  --George Orwell

<Probably, but lately that fact has been keeping me awake at night...>

Adamantius