[Sca-cooks] Kiri's feast

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Fri May 7 11:34:10 PDT 2004

OK, here goes:

Sideboard Appetizers

    * Stuffed Eggs (Epulario)
    * Fruit  (Strawberries, Grapes, Mangoes, Bananas)
    * Biscotti (Opera dell'arte di cucinare--Scappi)
    * Marzipan Calisoni (Cuoco Napoletano)
    * Alaju (A conserve of walnuts or pine nuts, almonds and honey)
      (Manual de mugeres)
    * Quince Confits (Alessio of Piemonte, alchemist)
    * Olives

First Course

    * Grilled Tuna (Libro de Cosina of Master Rupert de Nola)
    * Mirausto (Chicken with Sauce) (Cuoco Napoletano)
    * Chopped Spinach (Libro de Cosina of Master Rupert de Nola)
    * Marinated Eggplant (Libro de Cosina of Master Rupert de Nola)
    * Roman Noodles (De Honesta Voluptate et Valetudine of Platina)
    * Bread

Second Course

    * Roast Pork with Three Sauces: (De Honesta Voluptate et Valetudine
      of Platina)
          o Agalura Sauce [Libro de Cozina of Master Ruperto de Nola]
          o Garlic-Pine Nut Sauce[Libro de Cozina of Master Ruperto de
            Nola]
          o Persian Relish Sauce [De Honesta Voluptate et Valetudine of
            Platina]
    * Braised Mushrooms (Brieve racconto di tutte le radici, di tutte
      l'erbe e di tutti i frutti che crudi o cotti in Italia si mangiano
      of G. Castelvetro).
    * Asparagus with sauce (Libre de Sent Sovi [Receptari de Cuina])
    *
      Dish of rice with oil and saffron (Opera dell'arte di cucinare--Scappi

Sideboard Desserts **

    * Cherry Torta (Cuoco Napoletano)
    * Stuffed Figs (Cuoco Napoletano)
    * Angel's Food with Pizzelles (Libre de Sent Sovi [Receptari de Cuina])
    * Fritters like Fishes (hearts) (Epulario)
    * Almond Sweetmeats (Manual de mugeres)
    * Candied Orange Peel (Libro per cuoco--Anonimo Veneziano)

This feast has been a lot of fun to research and put together.  I just
hope all goes well tomorrow.  I also appreciate all of the assistance
I've received from those of you on this list.  It's been a while since
I've cooked a feast...they wouldn't let me while I was landed Baroness.
So...needless to say...I jumped right in after stepping down.

Kiri

--
Learning is a lifetime journey...growing older merely adds experience to
knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.