[Sca-cooks] catfish was german sausages

caointiarn caointiarn1 at juno.com
Fri May 7 15:20:32 PDT 2004

> >Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius wrote:
> >Yes, this is a golden opportunity for everyone to tell us about their
favorite treatment of catfish, of which none of us have ever heard
previously ;-) .

>Chopping it up and using it for bait, throwing it back in, feeding it to
the feral cats.<

> Aruvaqan, you are sooo silly!<

    I have to second Olwen's comment.  I used to love the milk/egg dunking &
cornmeal rolling given to "fingerlings" that we fried up  -- along with
hushpuppies & other standard sides at fish frys.   Bobby Joe {the exhubby}
was your typical southern raised boy &  could that man fish!   However,
anything much larger than hand length was muddy-tasting to me.

Caointiarn {remembering fondly the food from South Carolina}