[Sca-cooks] German Sausage recipes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat May 8 20:47:09 PDT 2004

  Grace Whyting asked:
> Our barony is planning on a German feast and we thought it would be
> cool to do our own sausages.
>
> Does anyone one have a period recipe for sausage?
You might be interested in these files in the FOOD-MEATS section of the
Florilegium:
sausages-msg     (128K)  1/10/03    Period sausages. Making sausage.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/sausages-msg.html
sausage-makng-msg (28K) 10/31/00    Sausage making techniques. Supplies.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/sausage-makng-msg.html
meat-smoked-msg   (14K)  4/12/01    Medieval smoked meats. Smoking
meats.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/meat-smoked-msg.html

You might also find these files of use:
fd-Germany-msg   (106K)  6/ 1/01    Medieval and Period German food.
Cookbooks.
Mustard-art        (5K)  9/14/00    "Mustard" by Ld. Daniel le Vascon
du Navarre
Mustard-Making-art (36K) 12/ 7/03    "Making Medieval-Style Mustards"
by Pani
                                        Jadwiga Zajaczkowa.
mustard-msg       (88K)  9/30/01    Mustard seed in period. sauces.
recipes.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas