[Sca-cooks] Food and squeamishness

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sun May 9 04:02:06 PDT 2004

<<I was wondering, has anyone ever served food at a feast such as a whole
pig's or ox's head, or a whole piglet, or, basically, anything that can
stare right back at you while you munch on it?>>

I know we did a whole pig once as well, but most of the carving/etc was
hadled outside the feast hall.  We ate the whole pig, though,
I used to work at PA RenFaire, and one of the booths was known as "Pig booth"
because there was always a whole pig roasting at one side of it.  I sometimes
heard patrons moaning about it, but it certainly didn't stop them buying pork
sandwiches :-)  The actors, of course, used to play tricks with it - once we
dressed it up to look like the Cardinal character, who very nearly did break
character when he saw it...

Brangwayna