[Sca-cooks] Food and squeamishness

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon May 10 07:40:18 PDT 2004

>>  I was wondering, has anyone ever served food at a feast such as a whole
>> pig's or ox's head, or a whole piglet, or, basically, anything that can
>> stare right back at you while you munch on it?

I'm going to ask the white-girl-city-kid question:  how exactly do you
eat a pig's or ox's head, when it is presented whole like that?  Which
parts are edible, or at least tastier than others?  Which are nasty or
too cartiliginous to bother with?  I take it that the eyes are no good,
since they usually seem to get taken out and replaced with fruit.
 Brains?  Ears?  My dog likes dried pig ears, they are sold by the dozen
in pet supply stores as chewies.  Maybe she is on to something that we
should know about?

Selene Colfox
selene at earthlink.net