[Sca-cooks] OT/OOP: Wazzup with "Red Velvet Cake"

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Mon May 10 10:00:59 PDT 2004

Yes, my dear, it is. Especially in the South. To see a definitive
discussion of it, you should locate a copy of the movie "Steel
Magnolias", wherein there is a description and pictures of a red velvet
cake made in the shape of an armadillo. The locale of the movie is
southern Louisiana. If you haven't seen it, even if you think it is a
"chick flick", you should! And I've seen relatives of mine from Georgia
and points south show up at dinners with Red Velvet Cake. It was a
really popular thing back in the fifties, IIRC.

Kiri