[Sca-cooks] OT/OOP: Wazzup with "Red Velvet Cake"

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon May 10 09:51:19 PDT 2004

It was my late husband's favorite, he always requested it for his birthday.
Complete with cream cheese icing.  Most memorable Red Velvet Cake in
Cinema - The Armadillo Groom's Cake in Steel Magnolias.  When she cuts the
a** end off of the Armadillo, a comment is made about it looking like it is
bleeding out of the back end...
The cake comes out a rich dark blood red, but the cocoa has more to do with
the depth of color than the red food coloring does, in my opinion.  I had
never heard of it before moving to the south (and my late hubby was from
Palatka, Florida), so maybe it is a Southern Thang?
Christianna