[Sca-cooks] Another Sausage recipe question

KristiWhyKelly at aol.com KristiWhyKelly at aol.com
Mon May 10 11:44:12 PDT 2004

Hello,

I found a brat recipe on the Sabrina Welserin cookbook site.  I have someone
in my group questioning the accuracy of the translation.  So, does anyone have
any info on the recipes from this translation?

I think his main concern is that this recipe calls for bacon and that
apparently Rumbolt calls for a beef/veal mixture.  He says that bacon was called for
as a side dish for the sausage.

Does anyone have the original German copy for us to look at?  Or maybe a less
contentious recipe?

Thanks,

Grace

http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/Cookbooks/Sabrina_Welserin.html

25 If you would make good bratwurst

Take four pounds of pork and four pounds of beef and chop it finely. After
that mix with it two pounds of bacon and chop it together and pour approximately
one quart of water on it. Also add salt and pepper thereto, however you like
to eat it, or if you would like to have some good herbs , you could take some
sage and some marjoram, then you have good bratwurst.