[Sca-cooks] I mentioned an Italian cured hog jowl...

M. Traber mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Mon May 10 16:58:22 PDT 2004

Phlip wrote:

  Well, they're usually pretty easy to find. I haven't looked recently-
R&M do
> most of the shopping, and they get lots of standard bacon- but if I were
> looking, I'd tend to look in markets directed at poorer people, rather than
> the upscale types. Around here, I'd check at that nice Chinese market we
> found- they tend to have lots of interesting oddments, like the fresh duck
> hearts that Margali loves ;-)

the main reason being we shop on the military base as the prices for
most things are way cheaper than in regular stores, or in BJ's where we
get the dead cheap triple flats of eggs ... and the markets aimed at
poorer people are still more expensive than the base exchange. standard
bacon we can get for 1.89/pound vice 3.29/pound ... or butter for
2.29/pound vice 2.89/pound. every little bit helps...
--
Aruvqan, Cleric of 56 seasons
Avengers Federation, Solusek Ro