[Sca-cooks] OT/OOP: Wazzup with "Red Velvet Cake"

Kathleen A. Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Tue May 11 07:18:45 PDT 2004

--On Tuesday, May 11, 2004 6:53 AM -0600 Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com>
wrote:
\Sour cream....I like cheesecake
> that's got a bit of tang to it--a bit of lemon zest as a flavoring, for
> instance.  And not at lot of sugar.  It must be a regional thing to make
> them sweet and almost....gooey, at least around here.  Even the baked
> ones remind me of the "unbaked" kind. --maire, who must have been raised
> into the True Faith, as she can't understand what use heavy cream could
> *possibly* have for cheesecake, unless one was making cream
> cheese.....(dang...now I'm hungry)
mmmmmm... sounds like the 'good stuff' i used to get from a pennsylvania
dutch stand at a local farmers market back in baltimore county.  needed and
handtruck to cart a whole one around, it was so dense.  and no glop on
top... damn it, jim... it's a cheese cake, not a fruitcake!  8)

boy, you guys sure make me nostalgic.  last time, we had scrapple every
weekend for a month!  not that connor complained....

cailte
''Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy.''
                                                        W.B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
Administrative Asst. II
UNM Freshman Admissions