[Sca-cooks] OT/OOP: Wazzup with "Red Velvet Cake"

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue May 11 05:53:04 PDT 2004

I'm actually a minor Stephen King fan (books, not movies), although I
think the only books of his that I actually have at the moment are a
couple co-written with Peter Straub.  And there *may* be a copy of The
Stand around here somewhere....
I assume from the heavy cream/sour cream question, you're referring to
cheesecake? Sour cream....I like cheesecake that's got a bit of tang to
it--a bit of lemon zest as a flavoring, for instance.  And not at lot of
sugar.  It must be a regional thing to make them sweet and
almost....gooey, at least around here.  Even the baked ones remind me of
the "unbaked" kind.
--maire, who must have been raised into the True Faith, as she can't
understand what use heavy cream could *possibly* have for cheesecake,
unless one was making cream cheese.....(dang...now I'm hungry)