[Sca-cooks] Hat was favorite cicada lymerics; YAK

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue May 11 08:49:04 PDT 2004

Actually, it was fairly simple.  I had constructed the skeleton of the hat
out of bread/salt 'playdough', basically a small straw hat with the brim
replaced with the roll.  I put the sugarplate on in four sections.  I
painted the roll with a good coating of rosewater, and starting at one end
just crinkled as I went.  You can tell where the first section was and the
last because the stiffness was causing cracking in the last panel.  Next
time I will spritz some rosewater into the sugarplate to keep it more moist,
yet not tacky.  I really had a lot of fun doing this project.

Olwen, who wants the recipe for the marzipan calzones.