[Sca-cooks] Hat was favorite cicada lymerics; YAK

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue May 11 09:16:20 PDT 2004

I thought that the sugarplate looked very much like fabric, though it's
hard to tell from the pictures, especially the texture. The drapery also
looks quite convincing. You done good, kid!

I wish I could take credit for the cherry torta, but they were the
creation of my newest apprentice, Lady Christiana Irina Chaykinaia, from
Lochmere. She really worked hard on them, but was unable to attend the
event as she found herself suffering from food poisoning...friends took
her out to dinner for her birthday. Sigh. I provided only the recipe and
a few suggestions regarding cheeses, etc.

I had a lot of help, from you and others on this list, not to mention
your own Baroness Cordelia and Lady Ro...and, of course, the wonderful
folk from Dun Carraig.

I'm still trying to clean up loose ends, and will then will post my view
of how the whole thing went.

Kiri

Olwen the Odd wrote:

> Baroness Mary Isabel of Heatherstone sent me this link along with her
> congratulations. It's really great because it shows nice close-ups of
> some of Baroness Kiri's dishes, herself and Phillip, her husband! It
> also has a couple pictures of the hat. So, you tell me, does the
> sugarplate look like fabric? I'll tell you what ~ those cherry and
> rose tortas look mighty pretty and yummy! Great job Kiri!
> http://photoalbum.duncarraig.net/Challenge-of-the-Heart-Feast-2004

> --

Learning is a lifetime journey…growing older merely adds experience to
knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.
					-- C.E. Lawrence