[Sca-cooks] Hat was favorite cicada lymerics; YAK

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed May 12 08:03:44 PDT 2004

I shaped the flour/salt 'playdough' onto a staw hat so the inside of the hat
was indeed hollow.  The roll was that same 'playdough' but solid.  I had
origianlly intended to make the roll as a seperate piece and larger, but
when I made that roll I realized it weighed about 5 pounds (wet) so changed
the plan to sticking the two together and baking it like that.  It took
forever to dry.  At one point I was wondering if the inside was drying so we
turned it over and removed the straw hat and found the inside all wet still
so we turned it over to dry that part out.  The whole thing was pretty
heavy, but by the time it went out it was pretty thoroughly dried and only
weighed in around 5-7 pounds I guess.
Olwen who has discovered making crunchy cicadas to be quite fun!