[Sca-cooks] SCA names for foodie types

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri May 14 00:06:22 PDT 2004

Selene gave us:
> =-=-=-=  forwarded material =-=-=-=
> (I just found a byname for someone who 'saves bacon'...)
> >> Okay...I know someone who just might like that. *grin* > What is it?
>
> Sparbakoun 'spare-bacon', dated 1338 in Jonsjo.
> - Teceangl

Maybe. But I think that might not go over very well today. In period,
"bacon" seems to be synonymous with "fat". Our idea of the perfect
human form seems to have changed. So, while this might have been
complimentary within reason in period, do you really want a name that
says you have "spare fat" or "fat to spare"?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com