[Sca-cooks] Fw: [SCA Equestrian] Re: minis in period

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun May 16 16:15:13 PDT 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Here is the Bayeux Tapestry section in question-
>
> Cecily

http://hastings1066.com/bayeux22.shtml

Thanks, Cecily- missed that first time througfh.

OK, I agree with the equestrians. I think that it looks more like the pony
is being used as a beast of burden, bringing foodstuffs to the fire, just
like the bigger horse to the left with the rider, being followed by the
servant farther left, with the beast on his shoulder, or the ones even
further left, who appear to be chasing the cow with evil intent...

Anybody else want to comment further? As a general rule, you don't work an
animal you're about to slaughter. They usually can't be worked, for one
reason or another-untrained, or injured. You certainly don't want to do
anything to make them tougher, and that's one side effect of working them.

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.