[Sca-cooks] Re: Queen of Subtleties was New novel with medieval cook as lead character

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue May 18 19:19:06 PDT 2004

This title is being released this fall in the US. I looked for it
when I was in London but never found a copy.
The Queen of Subtleties : A Novel of Anne Boleyn
by Suzannah Dunn. from the publisher's description--

the context for Suzannah Dunn's wonderful new novel,
which is about – and told by – two women: Anne Boleyn,
king's mistress and fated queen; and Lucy Cornwallis, the king's
confectioner,
an employee of the very highest status, who made the
centrepiece of each of the feasts to mark the important occasions in
Anne's ascent.

Listed as being out here in October

Johnnae llyn Lewis