[Sca-cooks] Dayboard-like Fighter Food

Barbara G. Dodge awench1 at cox.net
Thu May 20 20:15:46 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: <lilinah at earthlink.net>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 8:57 PM
Subject: [Sca-cooks] Dayboard-like Fighter Food

> Neither of us has a consort, so in my message I've asked local
> fighters to let us know what they like, besides water, Gatorade, and
> jerky.

> Thus this is a long-winded way of asking for suggestions, pointers,
> etc. so that at least a few of the bumps in the road can be smoothed
> out a bit.

Bananas, pickles, grapes, hard boiled eggs, cheese, and meats.

I do not know all of the specifics related to why they are so good for
hungry tired fighters, but at every event, they are in demand. I am the
Minister of the Lists for my local group, and these are a few of the things
that the fighter types go for.

For a day-board, anything that might be considered finger food has always
worked well for the folks here in my area.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Lady Felicia