[Sca-cooks] Tea (Camellia)

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Fri May 21 15:48:23 PDT 2004

William Ukers, All About Tea.  It's out of print (when I last checked), but
worth going after through ILL.

Ukers was a scholar working for a major association of the tea and coffee
industry in the early 20th Century.  He produced two major scholarly works,
All About Coffee and All About Tea, which were the bibles of the industry
and covered history, art, social aspects, cultivation, production and sales.
I know that a very expensive paperbound edition of All About Coffee was
still in print a few years ago.

For coffee, Ukers and Hattox (the Coffee and Coffeehouses you have) are the
best sources available.  I've skimmed Ukers work on tea and I don't think
you will find anything better although you might find more detailed
histories with narrower scope.

Bear