[Sca-cooks] Fried apple pies

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri May 21 18:49:15 PDT 2004

>These _could_ be single-serving Tartes Tatin, in which case, should Gunthar
>be sucked through the looking-glass or something, we could probably figure
>them out pretty easily.
>
>Adamantius, proponent of the Tarte Tatin made with thawed, frozen piecrust,
>to produce a product unrecognizable as frozen...

That's them. Basically cored, peeled apples with butter, a bit of sugar and
cinnamon cooked then put in a rolled out pastry. The pastry is folded over
the fruit in an overlapping circle with a hole in the middle.
Brush the top with egg and sugar.
Bake.
Once baked, pour in a thin caramel and let cool.

And a decent frozen pie crust works well with it.

Gunthar the tease.