[Sca-cooks] Dar Anahita is BACK!

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri May 21 23:10:08 PDT 2004

Anahita commented:
> Yeah, well, those are the first socks i ever ever knit, made during
> the winter of 1999 and they were stolen in May 2000.
I'm sorry to hear about the disappearance of your socks. Sometimes
there are some bad apples, or at least careless ones, in the SCA among
all the good apples. I lost about $500 worth of swords and daggers when
I loaned them to my barony for a display at the public library and they
didn't come back to me. But at least I hadn't spent a lot my time
making them other than just cleaning them originally.
> I still have to
> scan my two pairs of new socks (including the tree-and-animal
> reproduction socks) and the eight pouches i knit to donate to the
> Queen's Treasure Chest.
Knit pouches? Any evidence of these being period? Have you, or anyone
else written an article on these? Either a overview of period examples
or a how-to-make-them article? I'd love to have such articles for the
Florilegium.

For those interested, I do have these articles on knitted socks in the
CLOTHING section:
Knit-Stockngs-art (23K) 10/ 2/01    "Knittted Stockings" by Baroness
Rhiall of
                                        Wystanesdon (better known as
Wrynne).
knit-stockngs-msg (16K) 12/24/02    Period knit stockings.

And these in the TEXTILE ARTS section
knitting-msg      (68K)  5/28/02    Period knitting.
p-knitting-bib     (9K)  9/20/99    Period knitting bibliography by
Lady Ingvild
                                        Josefsdatter (Nancy Spies).

Stefan
--------