[Sca-cooks] Dar Anahita is BACK!

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri May 21 23:49:27 PDT 2004

Oh, heck yes, they're period, Stefan.  The ones I recall (at this late
hour) are relic pouches, done in this beautiful, tiny-gauge,
multicolored silk patterns.  Spanish, 14th? c., at least the ones that
I'm remembering.
And there's the Gunnister find, although that's post period, being
distinctly late 17th c.
And there's a whole load of things like flat caps that were knitted and
then felted.  I think those are predominantly 16th c.
Heck, there's even a pair of knitted trunkhose that are all slashed and
puffed (16th c.).
There are a number of articles and such on websites out there...just
google for them.
--sue, proto string geek