[Sca-cooks] Fish equivalents?

Solveig nostrand at acm.org
Sat May 22 10:39:03 PDT 2004

Noble Cousin!

Greetings from Solveig!

>We are going to be doing a recipe at tomorrow's cooking workshop
>which calls for luce,  tench, or haddock. Neither Elizabeth nor I
>does much fish cooking, and we were wondering, if none of those is
>available, what other sorts of fish are likely to be similar.
>Suggestions?

Just go to the supermarket and buy Haddock. It is a commercialy fished
species and is generally available in the fish section of the store.
Basically, you are looking for a somewhat mild flavoured white ocean
fish. You can substitute cod if you have to. Tench is another word for
Carp. Carp are migratory freshwater fish highly prized outside of North
America.
--

					Your Humble Servant
					Solveig Throndardottir

| Barbara Nostrand, Ph.D.         | Solveig Throndardottir, CoM, CoS   |
| deMoivre Institute              | Carolingia Statis Mentis Est       |
| mailto:nostrand at acm.org         | mailto:bnostran at lynx.neu.edu       |