[Sca-cooks] Fw: [SCA Equestrian] Re: Fw: Re: [spca-wascaerfrig]Another look at a...

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat May 22 14:28:59 PDT 2004

As an interesting aside, I have recently seen a scholarly suggestion that
the ban had the effect of increasing the horse population leading to greater
use of mounted infantry (Charles the Bald ordered that those who could
afford it send mounted levies) and finally to the knight, a convergence
between religion (the Papal ban), politics (the need for faster moving
troops to control more real estate) and technology (the iron stirrup).

Bear