[Sca-cooks] Semolina, Khabisa with Pamegranate

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Tue May 25 19:32:18 PDT 2004

Why would you use extra sugar? The syrup contains
whatever sugar was in the juice that was boiled
down to make the syrup. If you are trying to
reconstitute it to get back to the juice,
wouldn't you just add back the water? But your
combined water+syrup was about a sixth of the
amount of juice in the original, relative to
sugar.

If anything, the syrup might have added sugar of
its own--you would have to check the bottle to
see. If so, you would want to compensate in the
opposite direction--put less sugar into the
recipe relative to the amount of juice, not, as
you did, much more.
--
David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com