[Sca-cooks] Central Market interview.

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue May 25 23:32:20 PDT 2004

  Gunthar the entertainer said:
> ...I got into
> an argument with them about why they have Parma Ham, Proscuitto,
> Pancetta, ect...but no Smithfield Ham. They said they are very proud
> of their international menu so I countered with, "So just because t
> is American you refuse to carry arguably the best ham in the world?".

This is a bit strange. In both of the Austin Central Markets they've
had both the Smithfield Hams and the Smithfield bacon. Not behind the
deli counter, because it doesn't need refrigeration, but in the cloth
bags (the bacon, too) on racks in the center or at the ends of the
deli/meat area.

But you also mentioned a department or two in your earlier message that
I don't remember them having in the Austin Central Markets.

Oh, and I've also found the Smithfield hams and bacon in my (more)
local HEB grocery store. HEB owns the Central Markets.
> And my job will be to  make
> the customers want to come back. So, they didn't really hire Michael,
> they wanted Gunthar.
I think you should hold off showing up in a houppelande or your armor
for awhile, though. :-)
Or your coronet. :-)

Stefan
--------