[Sca-cooks] Gratia Dei : Medieval EXHIBITION

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed May 26 00:10:34 PDT 2004

Kiri commented:
> Sounds like a great exhibition. Wish I were coming that way! The menu
> is
> wonderful...the only quarrel I'd have is with their interpretation of
> cubebs and grains of paradise...but hey! It's much better tha what you
> usually see!
Well, my first thought was that someone ought to write them and clue
them in to some of the sources for cubebs and grains of paradise for
their meal. However, as I got to thinking about it, I think the items
in parenthesis are not meant to say the items are the same as the items
in parenthesis, but that those are reasonable substitutions for those,
at home, who don't know where to find these exotic spices or want to
try some medieval foods without trying to track down the special spices
first. I think they are a reasonable substitute with that in mind. I
haven't been to the site yet, so it is also possible that the site
could use some further explanation.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas