[Sca-cooks] Gratia Dei : Medieval EXHIBITION

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed May 26 06:38:03 PDT 2004

>At 06:14 PM 5/25/2004, you wrote:
>
>>Beef Y-Stywd - England, 15th Century
>>Beef Ribs Stewed in Cinnamon, Clove, Mace, Grains of Paradise (Cardamom),
>>Cubeb (Black Pepper), Minced Onions, Parsley, Sage & Saffron with Bread
>>Crumbs
>>
>>Interesting ingredients.
>
>And yummy yummy yummy!
>
>(It will be in the stewpot this weekend, according to the daughter unit.)
>
>'Lainie

We served this dish at the event a week ago.  The ribs we got were so big
Chirhart had to get them cut in half or thirds.  I made the sauce.  Since we
didn't have enough wine I subbed in some bottles of Woodchuck cider and some
water.  We had plenty of red wine vinegar.  I don't like a lot of clove in
my meat dishes so went a bit tender on that.  Man were they good!
Olwen