[Sca-cooks] Gratia Dei : Medieval EXHIBITION

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Wed May 26 12:44:52 PDT 2004

At 06:03 PM 5/25/2004, you wrote:
>This came across another list tonight--
>
>GRATIA DEI
>A JOURNEY THROUGH THE MIDDLE AGES
>Explore the remarkable period, from 1000-1500 A.D., when rulers claimed
>their power was derived from "the grace of God", or in Latin of the
>time, gratia Dei.
>
>http://www.grmuseum.org/exhibits/Gratia_Dei/index1.asp

You know, there are so many factual errors on those pages, I don't know
where to begin... so I won't. it's too late to change them anyway.

>The menus are posted here---
>http://www.grmuseum.org/exhibits/Gratia_Dei/cafe.asp
>
>Compliment your Gratia Dei visit by experiencing our Olde World Cafe, a
>Medieval Banquet fit for kings & queens, peasant and paupers. Satisfy your
>quintessential hunger with an authentic fare from Turkey Legs to Cornish
>Hens, from Beef Ribs to Fresh Salmon, served with Fresh Baked Breads, a
>robust Cheese selection and Beans and Porridge (children's menu is
>available). Quench your thirst with a sampling of Meade, Ales and Hard Cider.

Oh GAWD...

Funges has sugar in it? When did that happen? Sure isn't in Forme of Cury.

Doesn't Syrosye have breadcrumbs?

And why are they offering potato bread?

Harrumph.

'Lainie
who has yet another neurology appointment today