Lainie-brownies was [Sca-cooks] Cnn cilantro story

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu May 27 06:05:57 PDT 2004

Still has a cup of (wheat) flour and a cup of dutched cocoa in it, in
addition to the pound or so of chocolate chips (some of which get
melted).  I don't know what the respective carbs are for those, as carbs
aren't something I watch.
You probably *could* make them gluten-free, though.  I have friends who
do low-gluten foods, and one of them's got a pretty good brownie recipe.
I don't know enough about the chemistry of cooking to have any idea how
a sugar substitute would work--splenda would probably do better than
Stevia, but that's just a guess.
--maire, who can eat them just as they are, but who has to remind
herself that a serving is *one*, and that sequential servings aren't
fooling anyone!