[Sca-cooks] Re: Lainie-brownies

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 12:24:10 PDT 2004

--- "Harris Mark.S-rsve60"
<Mark.s.Harris at freescale.com> wrote:
> flavor? Are they filled with slugs? Inquiring
>
> minds just got to know!
>
> There you go, Olwen. Brownie Surprise. Brownies
> with orange gummy worns or some such inside.
> :-)
>
> Stefan

Stefan, Stefan, Stefan!

Gummy worms are _not_ slugs.  And adding them
to a baked item _before_ baking would only
make them melt.  It is better to put them
in Dirt cake, which is not baked.

And lest anyone call me a spoon-tease, here is
the recipe:

1 package (5.9 oz.) chocolate instant pudding
prepared according to package directions
2 cup chocolate wafer cookies, (about 45 to 50),
crushed
2/3 cup cocoa
1 container CoolWhip thawed (or any similar
product like one packet of Dream Whip prepared
according to directions)
1 package (3 oz.) gummy worms

Combine cookie crumbs and cocoa in medium bowl;
reserve 1/4 cup.  Layer half of remaining crumb
mixture, half of pudding and half of whipped
topping in a large glazed ceramic pot or a clean
child's beach pail. Add gummy worms between
layers. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with reserved
crumb mixture; top with more gummy worms.
Decorate with artificial flower branches and/or a
plastic shovel.  You can use this as a
centerpiece for your table and freak out your
guests when you tell them to eat the centerpiece.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.