[Sca-cooks] Krupnik?

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun May 30 17:21:58 PDT 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Ok, what is this "Krupnik"? Is it period? And how do you make it?
>
> Stefan
> (I've already looked in the Florilegium and there's nothing there on
> it...) :-)

I'm surprised you haven't run into it in camp, Srefan- Margali's friend Max
tends to bring it by fairly frequently.

It's a Polish Honey Liqueur. Label says:

" Prepared from bees honey and various spices and aromatic herbs according
to Polish recipes many hundred years old."

I suppose it could be period, depending on whether or not the |Poles had the
ability to distill or not, but I don't know.

It has an interesting flavor, but it's too sweet, for my prefernces.

Just got some good news, though- a friend of mine who camps near us just
posted me to let me know he's bringing me 10 bottles of that ginger mead he
makes that I love so much ;-) Maybe this year, a couple of bottles might
make it home from War ;-)

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.