[Sca-cooks] Pillsbury pie crusts

rtanhil rtanhil at fast.net
Thu Nov 4 07:30:45 PST 2004

They are tasty, they are tender, they are nice! Eat them,
eat them!

Oops. Sorry. Wrong topic.

Seriously, though, while I love the taste of pbpc, I don't
use them for feasts. For 2 reasons.

Frequently, I am using a pie crust to contain something
vegetarian. Pbpc's contain lard (check if you don't believe
me). Which makes them taste delish, but adds meat to
something that could otherwise be meatless. And, since I can
never remember if lard is the rendered fat of pigs or of
cows, might conceivably add pork.

Also, they are expensive. I can make piecrusts for pennies
apiece (even with butter, you're talking about a dollar a
pop), and they don't take long to make, even by hand. With a
machine (mixer or food processor), they go really fast. With
the price of everything going up, I try to save money where
I can.

Going back into my box now.

Berelinde