[Sca-cooks] OT: The Knights Next Door

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Thu Nov 4 07:43:12 PST 2004

Greetings!  A local reporter has written a book about the SCA entitled _The
Knights Next Door_.  It describes many aspects of the SCA, weaving these
around a tale of a young man's quest to become knight, and then to win
Crown.  A number of Famous People in the SCA were interviewed for the book.
Names can be found on the website.  The young man happens to be Valharic
who reigned as Midrealm Pennsic king in 2002.  I was his queen, and appear
in various parts of the book as well.  The details of the book can be found
at http://www.knightsnextdoor.com/   Since the events in the book reflect
some of my life a princess and queen, I'm not too good a person to judge
what the book is like, but I will say that in reading the draft, I kept
reading page after page to learn how it all turned out!  I've bought a copy
for each of my children so they can read a little about what goes on in
this Society of ours.  I think you might enjoy the book yourselves.

Alys Katharine