[Sca-cooks] usenet and google

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Nov 5 00:33:23 PST 2004

Vincenzo commented:
> ranvaig at columbus.rr.com wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > On the other hand, when I first found the Florilegium, I
> > found that it had quite a number of my posts from the Rialto.
> > I had no idea that they had been archived.
> >
> > Ranvaig
> All of USENET (newsgroups)) is indexed by Google, the successor
> to DejaNews.  See http://www.google.com and click "Groups"
I don't think those archives go back as far as 1989 or so, which is
when I started collecting messages for the Florilegium, then known as
the "Rialto Files" or "Rialto archive". Someone was keeping an archive
of all the messages from the Rialto but that archive was HUGH. The
traffic on the Rialto was much, much higher than it is today. Finding
the needles among that haystack would be rather difficult. Which is one
reason I started saving selected messages.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com