Fw: [Sca-cooks] Questions

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Nov 7 09:09:19 PST 2004

I fwded the question over to Paul Buell and Gene Anderson- actually, I fwded
the entine email Adamantius wrote- and asked thm, and here's what Paul
responded:

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> We're discussing Mongolian BBQ here- anything you guys would like to add?
> I'd be interested in whatever you might have found that relates to Real,
No
> Shit (unless they use it for fuel) Mongolian BBQ.
>
> Also, Gene, do you have any input on BBQ- type things from your pre-
> Columbian meso Americans? Open pit, closed pit, and grilling would all be
of
> interest.
>
> Saint Phlip,

> It's Chinese, not Mongolian at all. They did not process meat in that way,
> at least there is no evidence that they did. Paul

So, it "appears" that Mongolian BBQ is an invention of the Chinese- perhaps
a rather similar situation to some of our foods with ethnic names, like
"French fries" having very little to do with the named culture at all.

When Gene responds, I'll also fwd his response, but he likely won't answer
until tomorrow, since I emailed him at his office.

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.