[Sca-cooks] A Weighty Situation...

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Nov 7 17:47:02 PST 2004

Guys, I keep hearing y'all talk about your weights- this one is a bit too
round or that one needs to lose weight- and of course various diets people
are on and the like.

I really wish you'd think about something else. Yes I'm glad to hear that
some of you have lost weight, and that various diets are working for you,
but I really wish some of you felt better about yourselves.

Face it- we're cooks, and we're cooks for a reason- we like food. Combining
liking food with sedentary lifestules, guess what? You going to gain weight,
unless you constantly work at exercising and eating right. If you don't want
to be heavy, (and I really mean "fat" but that word's not politically
correct- people with muscle mass are heavier than people without, volume for
volume), then diet and exercise. It's as simple as that.

In the mean time, please don't obsess about it. I, myself really don't care
what you weigh. I really DON'T think less of you because there's more of
you, or more of you because there's less of you- or vice versa ;-) Anybody
who does probably isn't worth dealing with anyway.

I DO take weight into consideration occasionally- when I need something over
my rear axle if I'm stuck in the mud, heavy people are a convenient source
of weight- for one thing, I don't hafta move them, they move themselves;-)
And, of course, if I'm building something like a chair or a platform, I need
to make sure it will hold whatever weight I'm asking it to- otherwise, it's
not something I particularly think about.

Think well of yourselves, people. For the most part you're good folks. I
guarantee if I'm angry at any one of you, or just don't like you, the last
reason for such an opinion would be your weight or comparative roundness.

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.