[Sca-cooks] goat recipes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 8 14:07:05 PST 2004

Maire commented:
> Obligatory Period Food Content: I've cooked goat for feasts, too, and
> it's tasty.  Islamic recipes, both times, IIRC.  The first time, it was
> a stewy thing that involved chunks of meat cooked with meatballs of the
> same critter, formed around dates that were stuffed with whole almonds.
>    Very tasty and impossible to get off the bottom of the pot (because
> of
> the dates?) The second time, I did marinated chunkage with thyme and
> murri and olive oil and such (variation on Elizabeth Cook's redaction,
> think).  I heard it was good--didn't actually get to eat any.
I do have this Florilegium file with goat recipes:
goat-msg          (17K)  6/18/02    Period goat dishes. Cooking goat.
Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/goat-msg.html

So, if anyone has any favorite goat redactions which aren't already in
this file, I'd love to get them.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas