[Sca-cooks] Cooking Symposium Re: Digest, Vol 18, Issue 55

M C Grasse grasse at mscd.edu
Thu Nov 11 13:00:25 PST 2004

I will be there !!!!! (have had my ticket for 2 weeks now,) but need to
re-asses what I am teaching. I am having second thoughts about bringing
my books, having just seen the report that DIA is the 21st most
thieving airport (out of 207) in the US I may have to sit back and
punt, cause even if I I can bring some as carry on, thefts have
happened at the person screening area as well.
I would offer a hands on class working with one of the Rumpolt recipes
(was thinking of #37, the Earthapples with variations), but I think Im
down in a non kitchen.  Will see what I can work out (perhaps taping
the books to my body or handcuffing the case to my wrist?

Cant wait to meet everyone and am REALLY looking forward to the
Japanese session(s)!!!

In Service and excitement
Gwen Cat
Barony of Caerthe, Outlands
(Denver, Colorado)

>Message: 2
>Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:48:50 -0500
>From: Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1 at comcast.net>
>Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Cooking Symposium
>To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
>
>nickiandme at att.net wrote:
>
>>Greetings All,
>>
>>Well, I got at least one cook (possibly two more) talked into attending
the Midrealm Cooking Symposium on Dec 4.  Have wanted to attend for
years but it was always scheduled on the same weekend as our KrisKinder
- big shopping event in Calontir.  But, they're not on the same weekend
this year. Yea!!!!

>>So, how many of you are planning on attending?  Are we going to have a
little social get-together for the cooks on this list to do a meet and
greet? I'd certainly like to put more faces to names.

>>Yep - we're driving from the heart of Calontir to this symposium.  And
very much looking forward to it. Does anyone know if they are going to
put together a cd or proceedings booklet of all the papers/notes/etc
for the classes for those of us who attend?  It would be nice to bring
some of that info back to Calontir and share that knowledge wealth.