[Sca-cooks] barley water

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Nov 13 16:31:28 PST 2004

Ardenia mentioned:
> 2.  At the East's recent Crown Tournament, we were served a
> honey-sweetened
> barley water as a beverage otpion.  I found it very light and
> refreshing...some
> other agreed with me, otheres did not.  I asked our feast steward for
> the recipe and she had actually used pre-made barley water teabags.
I've found those barley water teabags at some import/ethnic stores, but
I've not tried the ones I bought.

For a bit more on this beverage, but I don't remember if there is a
recipe, see this file in the BEVERAGES section of the Florilegium:
infusions-msg     (24K)  3/26/02    Period infusions. Herbal "teas".
Barley tea.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/infusions-msg.html

Stefan
--------