[Sca-cooks] Duck a l'orange - a la Toulouse

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 15 00:28:01 PST 2004

Christianna mentioned that she was going to make:
> Not for Thanksgiving but for this weekend -
> Duck a l'orange - a la Toulouse (the french restaurant I worked in -
> allspice and fresh orange juice inside and out - duck stuffed with the
> orange halves - twice baked - served with a duck reduction with Gran
> Marnier)
For Thanksgiving we are going to my sister-in-law's and doing a pot
luck sort of dinner, although I will probably still cook or buy a
smoked turkey, 'cause I like to have turkey meat leftovers for awhile.
Anyway, this duck dish sounds like it might be a good dish for the pot
luck. I still have a frozen duck in the freezer.

Can you give me a more detailed recipe? ie: one with more explicit
directions for a beginning cook? Are you rinsing the duck inside and
out with the orange juice or holding it in there somehow? Or is the
inside juice just supplied by the orange halves? What is "twice baked"?
The oranges? or the whole thing? And what do you mean by "twice baked"?
How much Gran Marnier? And I assume the duck juice is reduced first and
then the Gran Marnier is added, right?

Thanks,
   Stefan
--------