[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 18, Issue 72

tracey sawyer tfsawyer at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 16 13:04:18 PST 2004

I've noticed this too - if the first remove is heavy foods.

I just did a feast -the menu was out of La Menagier de Paris -- it started with a soup, followed by roasts & accompaniments, then a break for 'entremets, ie entertainment, dancing, etc -  then there was 'dessert' which was venison pie and frumenty, finishing up with the 'issue de table' ie, nuts and fruit served with hypocras.

Pretty much a 3 course dinner - and most of everything was eaten up, and being spaced out over 3 hours with plenty of entertainment to keep the folks involved was a resounding success.

Our theme was the French Inquisition and our entremets entertainment was a trivia competition, based around the late 1300's-early 1400's, with prizes and our subtlety was a marzipan heretic being 'burnt at the stake'

Lowry

But from working many feasts over the years, I have seen that most people lose interest in the feast after the first remove.

Cadoc

Lady Lowry ferch Gwynwynwyn ap Llewelyn   mka: Tracey Sawyer