[Sca-cooks] Looking for "real" sour cream

James thebard3 at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 17 19:38:56 PST 2004

Was just wondering if anyone on the list knew of a company in the US
that makes sour cream with actual flavor?  Have a few recipes I'm going
to make for the holidays and a few of them either call for sour cream in
the sauce or in the crust.

 Tried a few of my other cooking lists but to be honest, hardly anyone
on those lists knew that sour cream was actually supposed to be sour (as
well as not contain enough stablizing gums so it'll stand up on it's
own.)  The few people who know what I was talking about told me to make
my own, like that's gonna help me.

Anyway, live in SE New Mex, fairly close to Texas.  So I'm hoping for a
brand that I can either order from a chain store or see if one of these
"health food" stores can get it.  But if all you know is a small
regional brand tell me anyway, al least it'll give me something to work
with.

Take Care Guys,
James P.