[Sca-cooks] Why they don't make chocolate yogurt

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 23 15:10:49 PST 2004

You may have heard me complain here previously about not being able to
find chocolate flavored yogurt. Among the companies I recently emailed
asking about this was Dannon. I thought some other folks might be
interested in their reply, so I've pasted it below.

I do note that most of the commercial yogurt flavors are acidic, such
as lemon, lime, various fruits or one that 699wouldn't be as affected
by some added acidic taste such as say vanilla. I guess my best
solution, although messier, is to mix chocolate syrup in not too long
before eating or pick a different flavor. I'm not that fond of the
fruit flavors. Maybe I should investigate cinnamon or ginger if I'm
going to have to mix something into plain yogurt.

Stefan

> We do not make a chocolate yogurt because the acidity from the live and
> active cultures present in all of our products would negatively affect
> the chocolate flavor.
> The chocolate yogurts on the market today have been heat treated after
> the cultures are
> added, which makes them no longer live and active.
>
> Once again, thank you for contacting Dannon.  If you have any further
> comments, concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us
> at our toll free
> number, 1-877-DANNON-US (1-877-326-6668), Monday through Friday, 9
> A.M. to 6 P.M. Eastern
> Time.
>
> Sincerely,
> Lisa Moore