[Sca-cooks] Period Gifts in Jars

iasmin at comcast.net iasmin at comcast.net
Wed Nov 24 05:20:42 PST 2004

I have to confess I haven't been able to get online to do a search in Stefan's Florilegium for this, so forgive me in advance. As I was waiting for my bank statement to download last night I kicked over a canning jar and it landed in the pile of holiday present wrapping stuff I have prepared for some of the gift wrapping I need to do soon. It got me to thinking ...

Have we ever discussed period recipes that you can make ahead as those little gifts in jars kind of like how people make cookie recipes sans wet stuff and give them out as holiday gifts? I know that we got a basket last year of stuff to make little Apician cakes (mustacea?) and that really was adorable. Dried ingredients in one location, grape juice box, and a few bay leaves (the cakes rested on them when cooked if I'm remembering the recipe original).

What other ideas have people had or done?

Cheers,

Iasmin